How to Configure Gmail in Zimbra?
January 17th, 2017 |
Find Out How to Configure Gmail Account in Zimbra Client
Web mail services are generally chosen by users for easy utilization, its interesting UIs, colorful themes, etc. Whereas, having a desktop-based client, with your web mail account data has its own perks too!
Thus, we are here going to discuss one of the most demanded partial email profile switch i.e. Gmail on Zimbra client. By following the section below, you may find out complete information about the conversion and configuration of Gmail Account in Zimbra client.
Turgs Gmail to Zimbra Wizard to export Gmail’s email in .tgz file format.
Visit Official page: https://turgs.com/gmail/zimbra/
Connecting Gmail Profile with Zimbra
Nevertheless, Gmail is the most popular web-based email application available on web for the data management of users offered by Google. On the other hand, Zimbra is a free as well as open source desktop-based email client, which is developed by Zimbra Inc. and unconfined in 2005. In addition to this, it also has a commercially supported edition that has components of closed-source. It is attuned with both POP and IMAP supporting email clients like MS Exchange, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. It is also a suitable professional email client offering a large number of facilities.
- One of which is offline email access where you can read received emails even when not connected with internet.
- In addition, you can compose mails without an internet connection and send them. However, Zimbra will automatically send it out once it is connected with the internet.
- Not only does it offer emailing service, but also lets you manage your other personal information like; contacts, calendar, journal, notes, etc. which is a reason it is also known as a Personal Information Management system.
- Unlike, a Gmail profile UI, Zimbra does not come with any distracting or unwanted advertisements.
These are some of the reasons, why web mail account holders want to switch to desktop email clients.
Zimbra Configuration Steps For Gmail
Here are the complete steps to know how to configure Gmail account in Zimbra in a systematic form.
- Firstly, download and install the Zimbra Desktop email client on your system. Once it is installed click on the option “Add New Account”
- Now, choose the Account Type. For Gmail, select Gmail from the option list.
- Once the Gmail is selected, enter the credentials of your Gmail account. Then, click on “Validate and Save”.
- If there is any issue found while processing then, make sure that IMAP access is enabled in Gmail’s setting.
- Keep in mind that an option of “Less secure apps”is ON for the configuration of Gmail account with Zimbra.
- Now, a window will appear to synchronize all the Gmail account data with Zimbra desktop >> click on the option Launch Desktop.
Note: The synchronization time will depend upon the size of data.
Once the data is synchronized then, you can utilize your Gmail account on Zimbra easily.
In order to know how to configure Gmail account in Zimbra successfully, all you need to do is to follow the systematic steps in an efficient manner that makes easy for you to utilize Gmail account in Zimbra.