Find Out How to Fix OST Synchronization/Corruption Issues in Outlook?
Since a long time, Outlook has established itself as a reliable and famous email application. Even till today, whenever user feels to opt for an email client, Outlook is the first name that strikes every user. One of the most unique feature that differentiates it from other desktop clients is its availability to work in offline mode. It offers the users to work in offline mode or server breakdown & saves entire data items in OST file. However, many times users face synchronization and corruption issues with Offline OST file. In the following section, we are going to discuss ways how to fix OST synchronization and corruption issues in Outlook and make the OST file useful.
What is OST Synchronization Error?
The major significance of Outlook OST file is that whenever user faces trouble in accessing server or network connectivity, Outlook allows them to work in such condition too. It saves the entire data items in offline OST file, which gets automatically synchronized with Exchange Server once the network is re-established. Thus, the users get data in synchronized manner without any special efforts.
However, in many cases OST file fails to synchronize with the server and does not make changes that had been performed in the offline mode. This creates a major issue for the users as OST synchronization is the major factor that could be relied upon during failure.
Let us consider some of the major issues faced by Outlook users due to lack of synchronization between OST and Exchange Server:
- “Due to poor internet connection, I could not have access to Outlook in online mode. So, I opted to work in offline mode and composed many emails. They got saved in my Offline folder but they did not send even after internet connectivity. I even checked my online folder, but there was no clue for those emails.”
- “I generally access my account using Microsoft Outlook application to view Outlook emails. Yesterday, I opened my account in Outlook Web App and was amazed to look at my mailbox. There was huge mismatch in the messages between both the applications”
- “Whenever I try to synchronize OST file with Exchange Server, it fails to do so. Various kinds of errors are generated while syncing the account and never allows to synchronize it.”
- “I have recently synchronized my offline OST file with server so that all data items can be synced automatically. But, I have just noticed that many emails and contacts are missing from my mailbox.”
All of the above discussed Outlook issues are due to the fact that OST file has failed to get synchronized with server, which generates many adverse situations.
Ways to Solve OST Synchronization Issues
OST file plays an important role for every Outlook users, so one cannot afford to lose synchronization with server anyhow. The users can fix synchronization issues in the following ways:
#1: Enable Cached mode
It may be possible that the cached mode for offline profile is disabled, which leads to synchronization failure. So, perform the following steps to make sure that the mode is enabled:
- Login to Outlook profile and click on Tools from menu bar.
- Select Data Files option and choose the profile name, which needs to be synced. Click on Set As Default.
- Browse Email >> select the account name >> Settings.
- Under Advanced tab, make sure to enable Use Cached Exchange Mode option.
#2: Synchronize OST Manually
The users can choose to synchronize a particular OST file manually by the following steps:
- Select the Outlook folder that needs to be synchronized.
- Click on Tools >> Send/Receive.
- Click on This Folder(required folder) to synchronize the folder.
#3: Synchronize OST Automatically
You can make sure to enable automatic synchronization for every folder in the following manner:
- Open Tools >> Options >> Mail Setup.
- Under Send/Receive option, check mark Send immediately when connected option.
OST File Corruption
If all the above mentioned methods did not work to resolve the OST synchronization issues in Outlook then may be the OST file is corrupted and needs to repair. For resolving this, you can create a new OST file to synchronize it again but it is lengthy process and requires more time.
Resolve OST Corruption Issues using Turgs OST Wizard
If you are looking for a faster and the most efficient approach to fix OST corruption issue, then Turgs OST Wizard is the best solution. The software provides a reliable way to repair the OST file so that it can be easily accessed via Microsoft Outlook. Any kind of OST file can be repaired or recovered by the tool within few easy steps. Thus, it comes out to be one of the best possible approaches to fix synchronization/ corruption related issues in OST file. Extended support to OST file that are termed as orphan, IMAP, and Cached Exchange OST File makes the tool a complete fit for user who want to resolve OST file corruption issues effectively.
As one can never predict the server downtime, network, or corruption issues, Outlook offline folder synchronization with the server is the foremost requirement of every user to access its content. Considering the most common query of every user “How to fix OST synchronization issues in Outlook”, we have covered every possible method to regain synchronization. So, if your OST file has stopped synchronizing with server and need to access its content, the above stated techniques can serve to be fruitful. Among which the most suggested is to download OST to PST Converter software and enjoy trouble free OST file conversion to access its contents.
Product Page: http://turgs.com/ost/